Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2018/11/10 16:46:17 UTC

Java11 test failures with 3.5/master

Thursday night during the meetup at Facebook someone was asking about
java11 and 3.5/master. I dug in a bit. Looks like master hasn't been
passing for some time,
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-java11/

I just added a java11 job for 3.5 to jenkins, it is displaying the same
issue.

I noticed this issue
which looks similar. I updated the jira with some comments, please take a
look as it would be good to get Java11 passing on 3.5/master.

Based on what I've seen so far it may be a real issue with java11. I
turned test.junit.threads=1 for the job and it's still happening. As such
there seems to be some issue with port assignment, or perhaps (see the logs
I added to that jira) it may be related to not closing the socket properly
with Java 11.

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: Java11 test failures with 3.5/master

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 10 nov 2018, 17:46 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Thursday night during the meetup at Facebook someone was asking about
> java11 and 3.5/master. I dug in a bit. Looks like master hasn't been
> passing for some time,
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-java11/
>
> I just added a java11 job for 3.5 to jenkins, it is displaying the same
> issue.
>
> I noticed this issue
> which looks similar. I updated the jira with some comments, please take a
> look as it would be good to get Java11 passing on 3.5/master.
>
> Based on what I've seen so far it may be a real issue with java11. I
> turned test.junit.threads=1 for the job and it's still happening. As such
> there seems to be some issue with port assignment, or perhaps (see the logs
> I added to that jira) it may be related to not closing the socket properly
> with Java 11

In java11 they refactored the network stack and I see other projects having
issues, especially while closing sockets.
Surely we have to look into this problems.

I am testing 3.5 with real applications on jdk11 without particular issues,
hopefully I will in production soon, now I have many cases of ZK
clients/servers on jdk10 in production and they will move soon to jdk11.

I will take a closer look as soon as I have cycles this week.
Enrico

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli