Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "SEMBAIYAN, RAMKUMAR" <rs...@att.com> on 2017/09/15 14:31:12 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-152 - Improve diagnostics for SASL authentication failures

Hi,

Can you pls let me know if this is resolved or any work around is there. I am using Kafka 0.11.0.1 version.

a.       When incorrect credentials are sent the publisher or consumer API, logs below warning error , but keeps retrying to broker with out disconnecting.

b.      We are using kafka as middleware application for multiple pubs and subs. So if any one use wrong password , the broker will also be busy  and see as performance issue, right?

[kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1] WARN org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient - Connection to node -1 terminated during authentication. This may indicate that authentication failed due to invalid credentials.
[...]

Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks,

Ramkumar

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramkumar,

This is being fixed for 1.0.0.

a) Retries will be removed for authentication failures.
b) With the current behaviour, retries do add load on the broker as new
connections are established for retries. There is a backoff interval
between connections to reduce the impact.

Regards,

Rajini