Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Harish S K <ha...@mindtree.com> on 2003/04/03 09:31:29 UTC

Does Turbine work on DB2?

Hi,

Has it been verified that Turbine works with DB2 8 (or any version)?
I am facing many problems both with 2.1 and 2.2 on DB2 which do not occur on
Oracle.

Thanks,
Harish.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.

Re: Does Turbine work on DB2?

Posted by Bill <bh...@collaborativefusion.com>.
Harish

Turbine has nothing to do with databases, if you are having a problem it
is likely with torque.  Torque has been tested on DB2 UDB and AS400.
The AS400 adapter may have a "case-insensitivity issue" according to the
Torque site:

http://db.apache.org/torque/

You make no mention of what the problem is so I can only conjecture, but
make sure your db.props file in Torque is accurate.  I am using
postgresql and the default file that came with Torque was not configured
properly.  This file defines data type mappings.

If you continue to have problems, you might get more quality responses
on the Torque users list than here.

good luck

-b

RE: Does Turbine work on DB2?

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
You might ask around on the Torque-user list about this one.

Quinton McCombs
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools
mailto:qmccombs@NequalsOne.com
http://www.NequalsOne.com