Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Howes <jo...@guild.ab.ca> on 2001/05/31 23:06:00 UTC

Tomcat tanks all by itself

I've found a couple of posts on this but no solutions yet.

Running apache 1.3.12, jakarta-tomcat 3.2.2, Solaris 5.8.

Tomcat seems to just die all by itself for no reason.  Sometimes it dies
quickly, sometimes it takes a few hours.  You try hitting a servlet and
you get an apache "Internal Server Error" message.  The only log entry
that gets made on this request is in the tomcat log "mod_jk.log".  No
other apache or tomcat logs get updated.  The lines are:

---
[jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 146
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1
---

At this point, if you do a startup.sh everything works fine, so it's
just like Tomcat dies.

Anyone come across this?

- Joe

Re: Tomcat tanks all by itself