Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jon Slenk <jc...@epicentric.com> on 1999/04/12 04:56:38 UTC

mod_jserv/4227: [11/04/1999 19:46:32:712] (EMERGENCY) ajp11: cannot scan servlet headers

>Number:         4227
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       [11/04/1999 19:46:32:712] (EMERGENCY) ajp11: cannot scan servlet headers
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm using GNUJSP. I have a Java class in my JSP code, I call a method on it, and I get the "cannot scan servlet headers" error in jserv.log. Unfortunately, that doesn't really help me figure out what is breaking! Like, there's no faq or documentation about what the heck that error means! I have no good way to start debugging things since all I know is, basically, "it didn't work." Is it because of a broken stream? An exception? Calling System.exit()? (In point of fact, I've tried catching all exceptions and it didn't help, and our code isn't calling System.exit()). The kicker is that I wrote my own wrapper to call the compiled jsp and it works fine! So there AREN'T any OBVIOUS reasons for JServ to be barfing. It's all very frustrating.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I'd like an explanation of what the error message actually MEANS, so I can start making educated guesses about what out code is doing to cause it. Like, what is the code in JServ that prints that message out, and what is the condition that leads to it?