Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by aa...@verizon.net on 2010/07/07 14:46:05 UTC

help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port

<link media="all" type="text/css" href="/webmail/static/deg/css/wysiwyg-3933289048.css" rel="stylesheet">
</head><body>
I am looking for help testing a trident pivot port across platforms. I only have easy access to desktop Windows 7.<br><br>Trident is an animation framework. You'll need to grab the sources from SVN (on kenai, https://svn.kenai.com/svn/trident~source), load them into Eclipse (the ant build file requires modification otherwise), then copy the contents of the zip into your trident source folders. The META-INF in the zip file will overwrite the SVN version.&nbsp; It contains the pivot configuration for trident. Click on the java files in test.pivot and run as a java program. The java file All.java runs nearly everything at once in one window.&nbsp; When you load the svn sources into eclipse, the android and swt ports will not compile unless you add jars. That's okay to ignore for this test. Most of the examples are set up as decorators so they should run in any

Re: help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Could you post the tests as an applet? Might be easier to test that way.

Re: Re: help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
(replying via Nabble since my mail server appears to be down at the moment)

If you can point me to the JARs that need to be on the classpath, I can
write up a test page. Also let me know what the name of the app is and any
startup properties the app needs.

Re: Re: Re: help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> The jars are the pivot jars (core ,wtk, tera - I was using head but still
with BeanSerializer
> instead of BXMLSerializer) and the single trident jar available at kenai.

What about your application JAR?

> I don't know if when you do something on the web, the pivot application
> requires the
> pivot web jar.

No, the web JAR contains classes for executing web queries (i.e. accessing
REST services). You don't need it to deploy a Pivot application via the web
unless you need that functionality.