Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by kw...@parc.com on 2002/12/10 20:36:27 UTC

Possible bug in tasklist/plugin.jelly

Hi,

I've been working on getting Maven up and running here, and I noticed two issues with tasklist.

1) tasklist uses @todo, not @task as maven -g indicates

2) plugin.jelly seems to use the wrong srcDir:

      <vdoclet:vdoclet
        srcDir="${maven.src.dir}/java"
        destDir="${maven.gen.docs}"
        template="templates/tasklist.vm"
        outputFile="task-list.xml"
      />

I cannot get tasklist to run unless I use:

      <vdoclet:vdoclet
        srcDir="${pom.build.sourceDirectory}"
        destDir="${maven.gen.docs}"
        template="templates/tasklist.vm"
        outputFile="task-list.xml"
      />

Am I missing something here?  Apologies if this is the incorrect list to report this to.  I couldn't find a contributing guide and this didn't appear in a cursory search of your mailing list.

 - Ken

Re: Possible bug in tasklist/plugin.jelly

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 14:36, kwc@parc.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on getting Maven up and running here, and I noticed two issues with tasklist.
>
> 1) tasklist uses @todo, not @task as maven -g indicates

We can make it use either, but I will fix the goal note.

> 2) plugin.jelly seems to use the wrong srcDir:
>
>       <vdoclet:vdoclet
>         srcDir="${maven.src.dir}/java"
>         destDir="${maven.gen.docs}"
>         template="templates/tasklist.vm"
>         outputFile="task-list.xml"
>       />
>
> I cannot get tasklist to run unless I use:
>
>       <vdoclet:vdoclet
>         srcDir="${pom.build.sourceDirectory}"
>         destDir="${maven.gen.docs}"
>         template="templates/tasklist.vm"
>         outputFile="task-list.xml"
>       />

The former works but your form is more correct, we should take whatever
values we can directly from the POM.

> Am I missing something here?

Nope, both good points will fix them now.

> Apologies if this is the incorrect list to report this to.  I couldn't find a contributing guide and this didn't appear in a cursory search of your mailing list.

>  - Ken

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com