Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ivo Limmen <iv...@virgil.nl> on 2004/02/16 13:24:20 UTC

Getting Servlet context for initialization

Hi,

I want to be able to create one deployable war file containing Cocoon
(2.1.3) with my own custom components (Generators, Selectors and
Transformers). To comply with the WAR file specifications I want to
configure my Generators (who use database access) so that I can change
settings when deploying the WAR file in a servlet container.

I found some examples of this of people that do this in XSP. Later on I
found out that I can access this information using the ObjectModelHelper
on the current object model. Problem is: I would like to do this sooner:
in the service(ServiceManager) call or in the constructor.

Does anybody have a good idea? Or do I have to use the setup() method to
configure my generator?

Ivo Limmen