Posted to users@maven.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/30 16:54:32 UTC

Where can I put CVS credentials outside my project?

Hi,

I'm using Maven 2.2.  Currently in my root pom.xml, I have

  <scm>

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:dalvarado@localhost:/usr/local/cvs/abc:myco/galc/capitol/tours</connection>
        <tag>myco-galc-capitol-tours-1_0_5</tag>
  </scm>

This is needed when preparing and performing a release.  However, I would
like to move this out of my project and into a more global place on my local
system.  This also has the benefit that other developers will not have to
alter the project if they inherit it.  Where in my local system can I put
the CVS connection info and how do I tell Maven to read that info?

Thanks, - Dave