Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Spence Nichols <sp...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/11/15 19:14:15 UTC

Using escape characters in queries

Hi

I have an ID field that is in the form of: ITOU-WW-FR-0110. I index this
field without tokenising it.

When I come to search on the value I enter the query: ITOU-WW-FR-0110 and
escape each -.  Passing the string to MultiFieldQueryParser I get the
following Query generated for the ID field ID:ITOU\-WW\-FR\-0110

QueryParser has understood the escape characters, and not generated the
query ID:ITOU -ID:WW -ID:FR -ID:0110 as expected.  But it left the escape
characters there in the query - Is this correct?  If so any ideas how I may
get around this.

Thanks
Spence