Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2002/12/18 02:12:00 UTC

starting mod_proxy split...

and the first step will be to introduce docs for

<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html>,
<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_ftp.html> and
<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_http.html>.
If there are no objections, I'm going to commit them.

Should we move the "common configuration topics" section out of
mod_proxy.xml and put it into an extra document, say misc/proxy_config.xml?
It would be named "Proxy Configuration Topics" then or so.

nd
--
Wenn nur Ingenieure mit Diplom programmieren würden, hätten wir
wahrscheinlich weniger schlechte Software.

Re: starting mod_proxy split...

Posted by Astrid Kessler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
>> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html>,
>> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_ftp.html> and
>> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_http.html>.
>> If there are no objections, I'm going to commit them.
>
> looks fine for me, +1.

+1

>> Should we move the "common configuration topics" section out of
>> mod_proxy.xml and put it into an extra document, say
>> misc/proxy_config.xml? It would be named "Proxy Configuration Topics"
>> then or so.
>
> hmm, I really don't have a strong opinion on this. The section is
> quite useful where it is but on the other hand its a bit too much for
> a general intro...
>
> I would like to keep 'Forward and Reverse Proxies' and 'Controlling
> access to your proxy' as an intro and move the rest of the topics to
> another doc. what do you think?

also +1

> btw, misc/proxy_config.xml seems okay.

But I would suggest howto/proxy_config.xml because the rest has much of a
howto document.

 Kess

Re: starting mod_proxy split...

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
André Malo wrote:
> and the first step will be to introduce docs for
>
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html>,
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_ftp.html> and
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/mod_proxy_http.html>.
> If there are no objections, I'm going to commit them.

looks fine for me, +1.

> Should we move the "common configuration topics" section out of
> mod_proxy.xml and put it into an extra document, say misc/proxy_config.xml?
> It would be named "Proxy Configuration Topics" then or so.

hmm, I really don't have a strong opinion on this. The section is quite
useful where it is but on the other hand its a bit too much for a
general intro...

I would like to keep 'Forward and Reverse Proxies' and 'Controlling
access to your proxy' as an intro and move the rest of the topics to
another doc. what do you think?

btw, misc/proxy_config.xml seems okay.

cheers,
erik