Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Allan Juul <aj...@mondo.dk> on 2002/07/10 17:28:48 UTC

oneliner html

hi again

anyone who have time for a quick review of this site created with bin/build
-c ?:

  http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/clean3/dst_html

i basically just need to know if there are:

a) validation problems
b) rendering problems

(especially the netscape 4 browser had/has some nasty bugs with font-sizes i
think.)

i have tested pretty much myself on windows platform and can't find any
quirks.

again, i hope we can ultimately use this module directly when building the
live mod_perl site to increase performance [about 25% i reckon for un-cached
pages].

thanks very much for your help
./allan

Re: oneliner html

Posted by allan <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.
intersting problem, partly due to IE 5 on OSX, partly to our
sometimes fragile code [wont bother with details]

in any event its fixed with the addition of 10 or so bytes :)

(if you try again and it does the same thing, make sure you
have a clean cache)

thanks!

./allan

Re: oneliner html

Posted by Chris Vertonghen at Home <ch...@vertonghen.org>.

Re: oneliner html

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Allan Juul wrote:
> hi again
>
> anyone who have time for a quick review of this site created with bin/build
> -c ?:
>
>   http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/clean3/dst_html
>

> i basically just need to know if there are:
>
> a) validation problems

well, validation problems are transparent to the client no? if it
validates against w3c it must be good?

> b) rendering problems

I did some quick tests with mozilla, ns4 and konqueror on linux, seems
to be fine.

Re: oneliner html

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
At 05:28 PM 07/10/02 +0200, Allan Juul wrote:
>hi again
>
>anyone who have time for a quick review of this site created with bin/build
>-c ?:
>
>  http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/clean3/dst_html
All Win98

ns4.08 has some problems.  I when to pref/advanced/cache and cleared both
memory and disk cache.  Exit/restart.  Some pages need to be refreshed to
display correctly.  I don't seem to have that problem with the current
/release page.

Opera 6.1 also shows the search submit button *slightly* overlapping the
drop-down box, but doesn't really overlap the text in the box.  Minor
issue, but let me know if you want a screen shot.

I'll be in Randal's town tomorrow.  I'll have limited access for a week.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org