Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/02 14:56:31 UTC

Registering #kafka channel

This morning I noticed that the topic in the #kafka IRC channel was
"thanks.", so I changed it to something more appropriate. This led me to
discover that #kafka has no OPs and is not officially registered with
freenode. This should be remedied.

I talked with freenode staff and they need an official persona from
Kakfa to contact them about registering the channel on behalf of the
project. I figure someone from the PMC is needed.

#freenode is the channel on irc.freenode.net where the staff hangs out.
"Pricey" is the staffer I was talking to

-David

Re: Registering #kafka channel

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I will follow up on this.