Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Antti Linno <al...@all.ee> on 2000/09/15 12:50:40 UTC

Static mod_perl+modules

Hallo.
 As I was having problems with mod_perl as module and mysql+dbi, I was
told to install mod_perl statically to apache and php as a module. I
looked at install instructions and found static install or module install.
But with static install how and when do I install PHP as a module.
Any instructions, examples would help.
Thanking in advance,
Antti

Re: Static mod_perl+modules

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 06:35:00AM -0700, Paul Lindner wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 01:50:40PM +0300, Antti Linno wrote:
> > Hallo.
> >  As I was having problems with mod_perl as module and mysql+dbi, I was
> > told to install mod_perl statically to apache and php as a module. I
> > looked at install instructions and found static install or module install.
> > But with static install how and when do I install PHP as a module.
> > Any instructions, examples would help.
> > Thanking in advance,
>
> We have what we call the apache-heavy src RPM.  It's 1.3.12 + php
> 4.0.2 + mod_perl 1.24 + oracle, all static.  If anyone is interested I
> can put it up for ftp..

Okay, since there is interest out there, see

  http://people.redhat.com/plindner/apache-heavy-1.3.12-1.src.rpm

Cheers.

Then install it; you might want to play around with the spec file, I
have a few defines in there to turn on/off some options in PHP etc...

I can say that it's been working pretty well for our site.  We haven't
pushed the PHP end to it's limit though.

--
Paul Lindner
plindner@redhat.com

Re: Static mod_perl+modules

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@redhat.com>.

Re: Static mod_perl+modules

Posted by Nouguier <ol...@akio-solutions.com>.
Antti Linno wrote:

> Hallo.
>  As I was having problems with mod_perl as module and mysql+dbi, I was
> told to install mod_perl statically to apache and php as a module. I
> looked at install instructions and found static install or module install.
> But with static install how and when do I install PHP as a module.
> Any instructions, examples would help.
> Thanking in advance,
> Antti

Hi,
    When you use configure for your httpd and share core and php module

    As example my command to add include module

            ./configure \
          --prefix=/usr/local/httpd_keyfactor \
          --enable-module=so --enable-module=include \
          --enable-module=ssl --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
          --enable-module=perl --datadir=/home/httpd_keyfactor

   Hope it's help you...