Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "L.T." <jc...@leo18.com> on 2012/09/27 14:11:03 UTC

Does high MergeFactor cause OOM?

My company has setup a DMS developed by a
software house. We know that it's embedded
with Jackrabbit 1.5.3.
About one year ago, the vendor increased
the MergeFactor to 30 because we reported
the performance became worse. Actually,
after the change, we didn't notice any
significant improvement.
In these few months, we found the system
sometimes reports OOM (java heap space).
It usually happens when using the batch
import function of our DMS. After reading
some articles about merging of
jackrabbit,I suspect that the increased
MergeFactor may be the cause of OOM.
Is it possible?
And could we get rid of the OOM problem by
lowering the setting?