Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stephen Zander <gi...@pobox.com> on 2000/04/07 23:14:28 UTC

mod_perl suddenly demanding DSO.

So shoot me for not hunting through the achives first....

Upgrading to apache1.3.12 and mod_perl1.2.22 today, I suddenly get the
following:

  apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
  apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
  apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
  apxs:Error: binary `/tools/web/bin/apache'.
  Writing Makefile for Apache

for every module included the distribution.  The error is correct,
mod_dso isn't linked into my apache config (never has, never will be).

My question is: why is mod_perl suddenly tring to use DSO ?

FWIW, the mod_perl build invocation I used is:

   perl5.00503 Makefile.PL \
     APACHE_PREFIX=/tools/web \
     APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12 \
     DO_HTTPD=1 \
     USE_DSO=0 \
     USE_APACI=1 \
     EVERYTHING=1 \
     APACI_ARGS='--target=modperl \
     --libexecdir=/tools/web/lib/apache \
     --enable-module=info \
     --disable-module=asis \
     --disable-module=auth \
     --disable-module=autoindex \
     --disable-module=imap \
     --disable-module=userdir'

Did I miss something?

--
Stephen

"A duck!"

Re: mod_perl suddenly demanding DSO.

Posted by Stephen Zander <gi...@pobox.com>.
    Stas> This is not a fatal error. It was fixed in the current CVS
    Stas> version. Get it from http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl

Thanks, Stas.  Bleeding edge here I come :)

--
Stephen

"So if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood."... "And
therefore?"... "A witch!"

Re: mod_perl suddenly demanding DSO.

Posted by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org>.
> So shoot me for not hunting through the achives first....
>
> Upgrading to apache1.3.12 and mod_perl1.2.22 today, I suddenly get the
> following:
>
>   apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
>   apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
>   apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
>   apxs:Error: binary `/tools/web/bin/apache'.
>   Writing Makefile for Apache
>
> for every module included the distribution.  The error is correct,
> mod_dso isn't linked into my apache config (never has, never will be).
>
> My question is: why is mod_perl suddenly tring to use DSO ?

This is not a fatal error. It was fixed in the current CVS version. Get it
from http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl

> FWIW, the mod_perl build invocation I used is:
>
>    perl5.00503 Makefile.PL \
>      APACHE_PREFIX=/tools/web \
>      APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12 \
>      DO_HTTPD=1 \
>      USE_DSO=0 \
>      USE_APACI=1 \
>      EVERYTHING=1 \
>      APACI_ARGS='--target=modperl \
>      --libexecdir=/tools/web/lib/apache \
>      --enable-module=info \
>      --disable-module=asis \
>      --disable-module=auth \
>      --disable-module=autoindex \
>      --disable-module=imap \
>      --disable-module=userdir'
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> --
> Stephen
>
> "A duck!"

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:stas@stason.org  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org