Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philipp Zerelles <ph...@moongate.de> on 2006/11/21 02:24:55 UTC

Datasource pooling problem

I tried to use a simple database pool to access my database using ESQL-Logicsheets.

The problem is my pool is not found by the service selector:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component with role 'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponent/' and key 'mysql' is not defined in this service selector. (Key='AvalonServiceSelector')

The file /org/apache/cocoon/components/database/database.roles contains a role for
'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector'
with a default-class 'org.apache.cocoon.core.container.DefaultServiceSelector'

But this class does not exist, so it seems like the wrong selector is used. The debug log shows that my pool is definitly loaded.
Can anybody please tell me what the current class used as component/service selector for cocoon is? Thanks.

Philipp

Re: Datasource pooling problem

Posted by Alfred Nathaniel <an...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 02:24 +0100, Philipp Zerelles wrote:
> I tried to use a simple database pool to access my database using ESQL-Logicsheets.
>
> The problem is my pool is not found by the service selector:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component with role 'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponent/' and key 'mysql' is not defined in this service selector. (Key='AvalonServiceSelector')
>
> The file /org/apache/cocoon/components/database/database.roles contains a role for
> 'org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector'
> with a default-class 'org.apache.cocoon.core.container.DefaultServiceSelector'
>
> But this class does not exist, so it seems like the wrong selector is used. The debug log shows that my pool is definitly loaded.
> Can anybody please tell me what the current class used as component/service selector for cocoon is? Thanks.
>
> Philipp

Did you look at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html
how to define the data source in cocoon.xconf?

HTH, Alfred.