Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Ηλίας Κυράννας <il...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/16 13:47:03 UTC

GSoC participation - iotdb

 Hello all,

I am currently doing my PhD and I would like to participate in the GSoC
this year. I have around three years of professional experience mainly with
Java and Docker and in the iot context and I am interested in the "Apache
IoTDB Integration Tests" project.
I would like to ask if there is a preferred issue I could begin with so
that I get more familiar with the project before writing a proposal.

Best regards,
Ilias Kyrannas

Re: GSoC participation - iotdb

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi llias,

Welcome!

IMO, two things you can have a try:

(1) something about docker/k8s: create a docker-compose (or some others,
e.g., k8s operator) to try to build an IoTDB cluster (using the master
branch, v0.12.0-SNAPSHOT, not released).
(need create a new jira issue)

What you will learn: Know the minimal configuration settings for deploying
an IoTDB.

(2) try to add a new RPC interface [1].

What you will learn: know how IoTDB's RPC works.

(3) better to use IoTDB to do some real applications to know how to use
IoTDB.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-1109

Best,
Xiangdong Huang