Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 16:16:18 UTC

Tutorials Documentation

I've added the infrastructure for the Tutorials Book.  It's currently
committed to this branch:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/tree/TINKERPOP3-923

I've added one tutorial so far: "Getting Started in Five Minutes":

http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/docs/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/tutorials.html

I just wanted to get a rough cut out there for early feedback and review.
I did something I don't normally do in my writing and used the word "you"
in it.  I did that for a couple of reasons:

1. It's a bit more friendly/familiar and these are tutorials that are
designed to draw new folks in.
2. I think this style of writing is a bit easier to write in which is why a
lot of folks seem to gravitate toward it naturally - thus merging pull
requests from potential authors won't be all discouraging for folks (i.e.
we won't have to say "please re-write all your stuff without using "you").

Anyway, I think this "Five Minutes" piece needs a fair bit of work as it's
in these five minutes that we could either get someone or lose someone.  I
fully expect revisions and will issue a PR when it gets a bit more
polished.

Re: Tutorials Documentation

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We could also have a "menu item" at the top of the homepage called "TinkerPop Tutorials" that just HMTL anchors down to the Tutorials section.

Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi,