Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Bruce Mitchener <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 11:43:41 UTC

Re: new Avro committers: please update credits page

I tried to do the first part of this today (I am on OS X and didn't want to
install everything for forrest yet).  I got this error message:

Sending        xdocs/credits.xml
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to
CHECKOUT request for
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/933317/hadoop/avro/site/author/content/xdocs/credits.xml'
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:
 '/Users/bruce/Development/svn.apache/avro/site/author/content/svn-commit.tmp'

I'm pretty sure that I used the right username and password on the command
line with svn.

Thoughts?

 - Bruce

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 05/10/2010 09:37 AM, Scott Carey wrote:
>I suspect I/we don't have commit permissions on that svn location.

I just gave you both permission.  Please try again.  Thanks.

Doug

Re: new Avro committers: please update credits page

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
Same thing happened to me weeks ago.  I haven't had time to figure out what was wrong.  I suspect I/we don't have commit permissions on that svn location.  Apache's infrastructure team was too busy at the time with the JIRA situation to help me.  Maybe they can help now?

I'm also on OX X.  I got forrest to work without screwing up Java 1.6 for everything else, produced a new pdf, etc.  This could be related to OS X but I doubt it.

-Scott