Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Louie Lu <me...@louie.lu> on 2017/03/02 12:49:21 UTC

How to verify porting MyNewt to another board was success?

Hi everyone,

I'm now trying to port MyNewt to STM32F429discovery, and have some
nice shot at blinky now.

My question is, how could I verify that my porting is successful (to
porting peripheral correctly, and the core system function)?

Is that doing in runtime, or just run the unittest to verify?

Thanks,
Louie.

Re: How to verify porting MyNewt to another board was success?

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
Well, there are a number of ways to verify that the port is successful.

If you get blinky up and running you can be pretty assured that the gpio and core os are working on your board. There are other apps that test other functionality so depending on what you want to verify, you would choose the appropriate app.

Regarding peripherals, here are some of the other apps that can test peripherals:
1) spitest can be used to test spi master and spi slave
2) timtest will test basic hal_timer port
3) slinky can be used for basic serial port testing

There are other drivers to test other peripherals as well; others can chime in on those.

Have fun!