Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Millson <mg...@atsga.com> on 2002/03/06 22:52:07 UTC

Error Using 4.0.1 Manager

OS: RH7.1
Apache: 1.3.22
Tomcat: 4.0.1

I added the following to /conf/tomcat-users.xml in the <tomcat-users> block:
<user name="somename" password="somepass" roles="manager" />

I added the following to httpd.conf:
WebAppDeploy manager conn /manager/

I enter this URL:
http://myserver/manager/reload?path=/examples

The authentication box comes up and I enter my username and password, then I
get the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

There is nothing in Catalina.out.

I saw searching JGuru that someone else posted this question on 1/10/2002,
but there was no followup answer. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to
do to get this working or any steps I can take to narrow down where the
problem may be?

Thank you,
Mike Millson
Web Systems Engineer
Sun Certified Programmer for Java2 Platform
AableTech Solutions, Inc.
770.414.8834
404.219.3177 cell
770.414.8206 fax