Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/17 01:57:45 UTC

[ACS42] Release Status Update: Two weeks to code freeze

Folks

We are now just 2 weeks from ACS 4.2 code freeze on 7/29. For the past week there has been vibrant activity in filing and fixing issues. 120 new issues were created and 140 issues were resolved. We managed to contain open defects to less than 400 but  blockers and critical continue to run up over 100+. For the days remaining to code freeze, lets prioritize fixing blockers and critical over majors. As from last week in order to clear up our backlog I request you to help out on aggressively fixing the issues. The unassigned issue list is available at http://s.apache.org/BlH/. When you fix a bug in 4.2 please make sure it is also fixed in master.

We also had great community effort in closing out resolved issues and in last 7 days we closed 198 resolved issues. The outstanding resolves issues now stand at 471 with 200 blockers and critical still to be verified. As with fixing issues now we need to focus on blockers and critical first.

I will spend time this week to go over the major unresolved issues and check if we have potential critical / blockers that were not prioritized correctly.

The detailed bug status is captured below.

  Bugs            | This Week                            | Last Week
 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
                  |   Blocker   Critical   Major   Total |   Blocker   Critical   Major   Total
 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
  Incoming        |        31         40      46     120 |         *         *       *       *
  Outgoing        |        33         38      65     140 |        26         23      34      86
  Open Unassigned |         6         46     120     226 |         7         49     129     222
  Open Total      |        30         84     213     388 |        25         84     232     403

* I had an issue with my query on incoming defects where it was not counting issues that are resolved and showing much lower results. Fixed now

The status for features or improvement is depicted in table below

|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| New Features / Improvements | Today     | Last Week |
|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| Closed                      |        12 |        10 |
| Resolved                    |        59 |        59 |
| In Progress                 |        10 |        11 |
| Reopened                    |         2 |         1 |
| Ready To Review             |         0 |         1 |
| Open                        |        19 |        20 |
| Total                       |       102 |       102 |

Only few feature tickets were updates since I sent out the Open and In progress item list. If your contribution did not make it to 4.2 please take it out from 4.2

You can always visit the 4.2 Release dashboard http://s.apache.org/M5k for the current status.

Thanks
Animesh