Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Voon Siang Loong <be...@hotmail.com> on 2022/12/13 14:09:24 UTC

EOL of Apache Tomcat 8.5 & 9

Hi team,

What is the planned EOL Date for Apache Tomcat 8.5 & Apache Tomcat 9? Any rough estimation?
Thanks!

Regards,
Voon

RE: EOL of Apache Tomcat 8.5 & 9

Posted by Arleen Salvino <as...@bellevue.edu>.
Excellent news for a new Tomcat user!

Arleen Salvino | Systems Analyst | ITAS
Bellevue University, 1000 Galvin Road South, Bellevue, Nebraska 68005-3098 | bellevue.edu
Phone: 402.557.7498 | asalvino@bellevue.edu
melius sero quam numquam

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.

On 12/13/22 09:07, EXT-Denton, Sam T wrote:
> This is probably answered somewhere, but will Tomcat 9 support Jakarta EE as well as Java EE?
>
> Sam Denton
> Advisor, Solutions Architect
> Mobile (314) 827-4017
> 24x7 SBS Suppot (405) 312-9936
>
> Advanced Leave Notice: I will be out from Fri, 12/23, thru Fri, 12/30

Pretty sure the reason 9.0 gets it's own life cycle and "9.10." stuff is
that it, 9, will NOT support jakarta.  It's an imports thing for one, so
unless your version of java has conditional compilation...

Re: EOL of Apache Tomcat 8.5 & 9

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/12/2022 16:07, EXT-Denton, Sam T wrote:
> This is probably answered somewhere, but will Tomcat 9 support Jakarta EE as well as Java EE?

No. 9.x will only support Java EE 8.

Mark

RE: EOL of Apache Tomcat 8.5 & 9

Re: EOL of Apache Tomcat 8.5 & 9