Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/21 22:02:40 UTC

Audio input problems

Hello,

I am trying to enable audio input in the Guacamole 0.9.13, libfreerdp-1.1
(default from Ubuntu repo)  and Windows Server 2012R2. The audio playback
and recording is tested with Skype and working when used directly with
xfreerdp.

With guacamole it is possible to make connection, but audio recording is
not working. I have experienced issues with disconnets on recording
(Guacamole-296, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-296), the
proposed fix was applied and there are no disconnects. However, the
recording still does not work -  Skype reports problems with remote
microphone.

Are there some other hints on how to enable microphone? Have anybody used
microphone with Guacamole?

Thanks and regards,
Marko

Re: Audio input problems

Posted by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>.
The problem was in Chrome security policy. According to the
http://flummox-engineering.blogspot.com/2016/05/allow-insecure-camera-microphone-webrtc-access-firefox.html,
since Chrome 48 it is not possible to use microphone on unsecure
connection. Changing the connection to https:// fixed the issue, Chrome
properly asks for the permission to use microphone.

Closing (except for the Guacamole-296).

Marko

чет, 22. феб 2018. у 01:01 Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> је
написао/ла:

Re: Audio input problems

Posted by Processor <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm using guacamole 1.0.0 on ubuntu 16.04.3.

I faced the same issue described in first post as :
When I try ti use Audio Input from a distant W10 station the guacamole
session interrupted.
No matter the browser I use.

I tried the workaround from Guacamole-296 but it did not worked for me.

Any idea on how I could make this works?

Thanks bye advance,

Proc.

Re: Audio input problems

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:01 PM, Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The other issue is that I still need to patch Guacamole server build with
> workaround from Guacamole-296 issue (https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-296?focusedCommentId=16054277&
> page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:
> comment-tabpanel#comment-16054277). This issue is resolved as "Cannot
> reproduce", but I can reproduce it always on my server installation (Ubuntu
> 16.04.03 LTS, libfreerdp 1.1 from repo, Guacamole server 0.9.13 manually
> built).

I've now reopened GUACAMOLE-296 and quoted the information above.

- Mike

Re: Audio input problems

Posted by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Audio input problems