Posted to user@storm.apache.org by #ZHANG SHUHAO# <SZ...@e.ntu.edu.sg> on 2015/09/08 06:40:32 UTC

Pin workers to cores

Hi,

Is there a way to let storm pin workers to cores when creating workers. For instance, I claim 4 workers in one machine (multi-socket). I want to pin each created worker to certain CPU cores.

How to achieve that? Which part of code should I look at? Any pointers would be appreciate.

Thanks.

RE: Pin workers to cores

Posted by #ZHANG SHUHAO# <SZ...@e.ntu.edu.sg>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I can easily pin JVM to certain cores by setting its affinity if the JVM is created by me (or modify it during it’s running is also easy). I’m just asking whether storm has exposed such API  that allows users to pin workers to certain CPU cores? or otherwise, which part of the storm I should modify in order to achieve that? I’m suspecting it’s the part that  supervisor launch workers.

Re: Pin workers to cores

Posted by Martin Burian <ma...@gmail.com>.