Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@wanadoo.fr> on 2004/03/11 15:43:55 UTC

Newbie question: use of deprecated API's

I've been using Maven for months (since b3 or 4 if I can remember), writing
plugins, POM's for 130 Java projects...
but I still have a newbie question :

Is there any way (option or property somewhere ?) to get some kind of
report on the use of deprecated API's ?

Thanks to all !

Re: Newbie question: use of deprecated API's

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Jean-François El Fouly wrote:
>> You can set the property maven.compile.deprecation to "on".
>>
>> This info is located at:
>> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/java/properties.html
>

> Thanks.
> I was more or less aware that this option exists but can someone please
> tell me what the effect will be :
>
> - will the use of deprecated API's be considered a compile-time error
> when this property is set ?
> - will some form of report be generated in the site documentation ?
> - or what else ?

Deprecations are never considered compile errors.  Setting this property
will make the deprecation warnings show up during compilation.

No special reports will be generated, although you can always see
deprecated classes by clicking the "deprecated" link at the top of your
javadoc.

Re: Newbie question: use of deprecated API's

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@wanadoo.fr>.

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
There are some reports that can do it but the fastest way to see
deprecations is to just set:
maven.compile.deprecation=on
in your project.properties
-Tim