Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/03 03:50:57 UTC

[FALCON] Mustella Setup

Hi

Started to setup my environment to run mustella with falcon instead of the
legacy compiler.

Following steps had to been executed before I could run the mustella tests:

1) First downloaded & builded flex sdk  from develop branch
2) Builded Falcon and referenced the newly builded flex sdk.
3) Change the sdk.dir property in local.properties to
../falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk
4) Now my environment was ready to run mustella tests.

So I did randomly test a few direcoteries and recognized there are in quite
a lot of tests compile errors.

So I'm starting with tests/Managers/PopupManager and the errors I got here
were in general the follwing two.

    [java]
C:\dev\apache-flex\sdk\mustella\tests\Managers\PopUpManager\Methods\PopUpManager_methods.mxml:166
     [java] Error: Cannot parse a value of type 'Object' from ''.
     [java]                         <AssertPropertyValue target="ta"
propertyName="text" value="" />

   [java]
C:\dev\apache-flex\sdk\mustella\tests\Managers\PopUpManager\SWFs\PopUpManager_Basic.mxml:20
     [java] Error: Cannot parse a value of type 'Object' from ''.
     [java] <mx:Application backgroundColor="0xFFFFFF" backgroundImage=""
xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" width="800" height="700"

But where does now the problem lies.. is it the falcon compiler which can
not parse a '' value if its a Object .. or is this behaviour correct? Or
does I have the extends te tests .. Maybe an <AssertStringPropertyValue />
where the value is a String. I'm sorry for this question .. I'm just trying
to understand it.

cyrill

Re: [FALCON] Mustella Setup

Posted by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com>.

> > 3) Change the sdk.dir property in local.properties to
> > ../falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk
> I'm not sure that was right.  Or did the 4.8 swcs end up there somehow?

Yes the falcon build copies all swc from a referenced flex sdk.

       <!-- Copy portions of this SDK to create Falcon's generated SDK -->
        <copy todir="${sdk}" includeEmptyDirs="false">
            <fileset dir="${sdk.branch}">
            <include name="lib/**/*"/>
                <include name="frameworks/**/*"/>
                <exclude name="frameworks/projects/**/*"/>
             </fileset>
        </copy>

> > But where does now the problem lies.. is it the falcon compiler which can
> > not parse a '' value if its a Object .. or is this behaviour correct? Or
> > does I have the extends te tests .. Maybe an <AssertStringPropertyValue
> />
> > where the value is a String. I'm sorry for this question .. I'm just
> trying
> > to understand it.
> We'll have to wait for Gordon.  It would be bad for this kind of thing to
> no
> longer work.

Ok. In the mean time tested some directories and summarized the result in
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au2CJCp4o-t3dG9CeW5LbkRmdGZIb0pRdWJWLWljVUE#gid=0.

Re: [FALCON] Mustella Setup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--