Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Robert Friberg <ro...@pulsen.se> on 2013/10/18 16:24:16 UTC

ActiveMQ NMS Topics with C#

Hi,

ActiveMQ newbie here with a few questions.

We're using ActiveMQ and NMS from C# to send and receive non-durable binary object messages to/from a single topic.
We're broadcasting cache invalidation messages. Processes listening will update their cache based on the content of the message.

I've wrapped a producer,consumer,session and connection objects into a single class, ActiveMqTopicClient.
An instance of the class is running within IIS worker processes across several servers on a shared LAN.
Here's the code:  https://gist.github.com/rofr/7040657
Any feedback on the use of the API would be nice.

Question #1:
I'm passing null for the selector assuming all messages will be received. Is this a correct assumption?
I saw some code examples using a selector of "2>1" which always evaluates to true.
The jms docs say that passing null as selector is interpreted as no selector at all. But does that mean no messages are selected or messages are not filtered at all?
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/Message.html

Question #2: what is the nolocal argument local to? the server? the process? the session? the connection?

Question #3: How does the nolocal parameter relate to the selector? If nolocal is false, will the message bypass the selector?

Med vänlig hälsning/Best regards

ROBERT FRIBERG
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
Direct/mobile  +46 733 83 90 80