Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by eltonk <ku...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 13:57:39 UTC

Call By Reference

I was wondering...
How can I configure an embedded OpenEJB to call-by-reference my ejbs?

Is that supported by OpenEJB?

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
No worries ;-)

Jean-Louis

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Thank Jean-Louis ;)

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by eltonk <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yeah was the one i was thinking of...but to be honest no idea on the gain
it can do.

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by eltonk <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by eltonk <ku...@gmail.com>.
Sure Romain!

In JBoss I have the configuration parameter call-by-value. If I set false,
it will optimize the ejb's calls, where I have a collateral effect that my
client see the changes made by service. It's all possible just working in a
same VM, and it reduce the CPU time also, because no serialization or
deserialization need be done.

It's not specified at Java EE, but JBoss and Websphere (for exemple) I know
that are able to do it.

So, I was wondering, there are any way to pick up this collateral effect
using an ebedded OpenEJB? I'm using version 4.0.0.

Re: Call By Reference

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit please?

If it is about ejb themself the answer is no, if it is about parameter it
should be possible.

- Romain