Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Tercero <dt...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 12:56:44 UTC

Struts 2.0.9 windowState=maximized problem

Hi all,

   I've got a problem, and I really don't know how to solve it. I'm using
Liferay Portal 4.2.2 and Struts 2.0.9

I've got 2 portlet in the window. The one above is showing a table of
authors, and clicking one row the bottom portlet shows its detail. Inside
the author's detail there's a link that maximized the window and shows the
detail of a book (written by the author).

The issue comes when I click on the arrow on the top-right corner (the back
button). The two portlets comes back, but the book detail is still on the
bottom instead of the author's detail (what it shoud be). This is because in
the back link there's a parameter referencing de book render action (if I
remove this parameter everything goes right).

The link (from author to book detail) is generated this way:
<s:url action="renderFichaPublicacion" portletUrlType="render"
windowState="maximized"/>

and the action is defined:
<action name="renderFichaPublicacion" class="autorAction"
method="editPublicacion">
     <result
name="success">/WEB-INF/pages/produccion/autor/publicacionFicha.jsp</result>
</action>

The back button is rendered by the portal, but there's more portlets
included that hasn't this behaviour.

Any help?

Thanks.

Re: Struts 2.0.9 windowState=maximized problem

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

The use of maximize only changes the "size" of the window, it
shouldn't really change the state of your application. The "back"
button as you describe means "restore the window size". It does not
change the window content. If you want to "override" this, you should
create your own "back" link, with normal window state and the correct
action.

Nils-H