Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Mull <an...@go2nhg.com> on 2004/09/16 17:05:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 not responding on https

I have a fresh install of Apache 2 installed with mod_ssl enabled.  However,
Apache will not respond on the https protocol.  I performed the checks
recommended in the FAQs and I still cannot get it to accept connections.
Any recommendations on what I should try next?

Thanks!
-Andy

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 not responding on https

Posted by Andrew Mull <an...@go2nhg.com>.
Thank you for your help...I think I have it working...at least for now.  I
checked the paths in the cont files, and everything seemed accurate, however
I noticed that the listen directives for port 80 and port 443 were not
constructed similarly...so I changed the 443 to the 80 style (I guess this
server only runs IPv6?)

Thanks!
-Andy

On 9/16/04 11:42 AM, "Aman Raheja" <ar...@techquotes.com> wrote:

> You probably need to make sure that your paths in the config file for
> SSL match the file system path.
> You may wanna post the portion for experts to have a look at it.
> Thanks
> Aman Raheja
>
> Andrew Mull wrote:
>
>> It appears to start successfully with startssl and it is listening on port
>> 443.  The box I am working on is a NetBSD server.
>>
>> I tried the exact same install procedures on my Sun Solaris 8 server, and it
>> works correctly.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>> -Andy
>>

>> On 9/16/04 10:31 AM, "Aman Raheja" <ar...@techquotes.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If you do
>>> apachectl startssl
>>> what happens - does it say started successfully.
>>> Also look what the SSL port is listening on (443 by default).

Andrew Mull
Niemczyk Hoffmann Group
117 Philadelphia Ave
Shillington, PA  19607
www.go2nhg.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 not responding on https

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.

Posted by Andrew Mull <an...@go2nhg.com>.
It appears to start successfully with startssl and it is listening on port
443.  The box I am working on is a NetBSD server.

I tried the exact same install procedures on my Sun Solaris 8 server, and it
works correctly.

Thanks for any help!
-Andy

On 9/16/04 10:31 AM, "Aman Raheja" <ar...@techquotes.com> wrote:

> If you do
> apachectl startssl
> what happens - does it say started successfully.
> Also look what the SSL port is listening on (443 by default).
>
> Aman Raheja
>
> Andrew Mull wrote:
>
>> I have a fresh install of Apache 2 installed with mod_ssl enabled.  However,
>> Apache will not respond on the https protocol.  I performed the checks
>> recommended in the FAQs and I still cannot get it to accept connections.
>> Any recommendations on what I should try next?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Andy

Andrew Mull
Niemczyk Hoffmann Group