Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <ma...@garvan.org.au> on 2018/01/18 01:39:33 UTC

update LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running apache job in a YARN cluster

Dear Spark community,

I have a spark running in a yarn cluster and I am getting some error when trying to run my python application.

/home/mansop/virtenv/bin/python2.7: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there a way to specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the spark-submit command or in the config file?

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Big data Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb@garvan.org.au<ma...@garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.

Re: update LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running apache job in a YARN cluster

Posted by Keith Chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manuel,

You could use the following to add a path to the library search path,
--conf spark.driver.extraLibraryPath=PathToLibFolder
--conf spark.executor.extraLibraryPath=PathToLibFolder

Thanks,
Keith.

Regards,
Keith.