Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com> on 2007/10/05 18:54:42 UTC

release/buildnumber plugin

Hi,

I just did a release:perform today and it failed. We have done a few
before fine. The buildnumber plugin throws an error due to "local
modifications", however the local mods are in fact the pom.xml, it's tag
version and the release backup file, all of which one would expect to be
changed/new during a build and should be ignored by the buildnumber
plugin?

Any ideas? Has the plugin been changed in the last few weeks with
respect to this?

TIA

John

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.

Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

RE: release/buildnumber plugin

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com>.
I tried cleaning and preparing a couple of times, then after inventing
some colourful new words, switched the build number plugin doCheck to
false in a bogus profile of my settings.xml.

John

I used the release plugin a few weeks back and it worked fine for me.
Have you tried release:clean, then release:perform again?

-Deng

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.