Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/08/17 07:31:43 UTC

brief notes: upgrading 1.1-beta-1 to 1.1-beta-2

Here's what I did (this is a once off thing, though we really need to
make sure changes are backwards compatible and can handle missing
metadata in the future...)

- run data-management from 1.1-beta-1 to export the build database (I
had to build this from source)
- edit the exported builds.xml to add <installationId>1</
installationId> to each installation (using sequential numbers)
- change name="..." to installationId="..." in each profile by
replacing the name with the corresponding installation ID
- comment out the environmentVariables profile since it would cause a
duplicate PK (maybe a bug in the data management)
- import the database again using data management from 1.1-beta-2.

In case anyone needs it :)

Cheers,
Brett

Re: brief notes: upgrading 1.1-beta-1 to 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
NEXT_VAL values must be checked in SEQUENCE_TABLE before to to restart continuum

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Without sql command:

1- with data-management: export the db
java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-beta-2-app.jar -buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:path_continuum_old_db -mode EXPORT

2- start Continuum to create an empty db (with the good schema)

3- stop Continuum

4- import datas with data-management
java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-beta-2-app.jar -buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:path_continuum_new_db -mode IMPORT

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
And this is what I did...

--
jesse mcconnell