Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave Everson <dj...@mygolftrac.com> on 2006/06/04 16:54:11 UTC

Restore View PhaseListener Not Executed on First Request

Hi,

We are building a new JSF application.  Part of our member registration
use case requires that new members confirm their email address to
complete their registration.  To accomplish this, we send the new member
an email with a link they can click to confirm and complete their
registration.  The link looks like:
http://localhost:8080/beta/confirm.jsf?cc=1149259290738 where we pass a
unique confirmation code as a query string parameter.

We have a backing bean that registers a new PhaseListener (as an
anonymous inner class) for the Restore View Phase.  In the beforePhase()
method, we have the following code:
                        public void beforePhase(PhaseEvent event) {

                            log.debug(">>beforePhase");

                            String cc = (String)
getQueryString("cc");
                            confirmRegistration(cc);
                        }

The issue that we are facing is that when the above URL is invoke for
the FIRST time, the beforePhase and afterPhase methods don't appear to
be executed.  However, if one clicks on refresh, the beforePhase and
afterPhase methods are now being executed?

Has anyone else seen this behavior and any workarounds so that when our
users click on the url in their email, the beforePhase method gets executed?

Thanks!
Dave