Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "ROBERTS, Karl -Syntegra UK" <Ka...@syntegra.com> on 2002/11/26 16:45:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuring LDAP and APR-util on 2.0.43

Hi all,
I have tried to configure my apache 2.0.43 to use LDAP authentication.
I am building on solaris 2.8 Sun SPARC machines

At "configure" I typed:-
configure --with-ldap --enable-ldap --enable-auth-ldap

at the end of the configure I got this message:-
checking for ldap support...

checking for ldap_init in -lldap50... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no

checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no

checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no

configure: error: could not find an LDAP library

configure failed for srclib/apr-util

which in turn led to a failure in make, which said
mod_auth_ldap.c:82: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP
support built in

How do I add an LDAP client library to APR-util so that all this can work?

thanks in advance for any help

Karl Roberts

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring LDAP and APR-util on 2.0.43

Posted by Duncan Brannen <db...@st-andrews.ac.uk>.
Have you tried setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS

setenv LDFLAGS "-L/<Path to SSL>/lib -L/<Path to LDAP>/lib -L/usr/local/lib"
setenv LDFLAGS "$LDFLAGS -R/<Path to SSL>/lib:/<Path to
LDAP>/lib:/usr/local/lib"
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/<Path to SSL>/include -I/<Path to LDAP>/include
-I/usr/local/include"

you can stick the --with-ldap-include and --with-ldap-lib directives in as
well, Apache doesn't use them
directly (I think) but they do get passed down to the apr-util
configuration.  --with-ldap is the flag
that tells apr-util to compile in ldap support.

./configure --prefix=/<Where ever you want to put it> --with-ssl=/<Path to
SSL> --enable-so --enable-ssl --enable-auth-ldap --with-ldap --enable-ldap
--enable-proxy --with-ldap-include=/<Path to LDAP>/include
--with-ldap-lib=/<Path to LDAP>/lib

         Dunk