Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2017/04/15 08:11:39 UTC

rules/*.cf in syncing 3.4 and trunk

Are any of these relevant for syncing 3.4 with trunk, or are only the files in
trunk used for rule updates? These are the files in the rules directory that
have differences between trunk and the 3.4 branch:

20_dnsbl_tests.cf
20_drugs.cf
20_freemail.cf
20_freemail_domains.cf
20_imageinfo.cf
20_ratware.cf
25_uribl.cf
50_scores.cf

Re: rules/*.cf in syncing 3.4 and trunk

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 4/15/2017 4:11 AM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Are any of these relevant for syncing 3.4 with trunk, or are only the files in
> trunk used for rule updates? These are the files in the rules directory that
> have differences between trunk and the 3.4 branch:
>
> 20_dnsbl_tests.cf
> 20_drugs.cf
> 20_freemail.cf
> 20_freemail_domains.cf
> 20_imageinfo.cf
> 20_ratware.cf
> 25_uribl.cf
> 50_scores.cf

So are the files in trunk used for rules updates, once we relight the
rule updates, we need to look at how it's done anyway.  I personally
think that if we use sa version checks, that 3.4 can be used for rule
updates and can apply to 3.3 & 3.4.  The same for 4.0 and trunk because
we will start diverging things due to UTF support.  Likely rules are
just committed in both places though I consider this the last 3.4 release.

Overall, I *like* to provide rules but the goal I see as a project is to
provide software and examples of rules as templates for implementation
more so than a standalone product.

With that said though, 3.4 is now in sync with trunk as we started out.
Here's what I did with the cf files:

20_dnsbl_tests.cf - synced trunk to 3.4 based on the comments available
re: de-listing fees.

20_freemail.cf - synced 3.4 to trunk
20_freemail_domains.cf - ""
20_imageinfo.cf - ""
20_ratware.cf - ""
25_uribl.cf - ""
50_scores.cf - ""

70_sandbox.cf and all sandbox/ rulesets ignoring because they are well,
sandbox rules :-)
20_drugs.cf I did not sync as I believe that's related to idn changes
not in 3.4

Regards,

KAM