Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com> on 2001/01/03 20:47:08 UTC

https

Has anyone try to access a https application with SOAP, is it possible, are
there any problems when doing so?

Re: https

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
I did a Soap SSL  implementation about 5 months ago which I posted here. My
HTTPs test server run on Linux. It was an Apache 1.3.12 with SSL extensions and
Tomcat 3.2B1 behind it running Soap. All xml-soap samples worked (and still
work!) correctly from either a Win2k Advanced Server or with the
xml-soap-client on the same Linux System. I normally do my work on a dual boot
portable under either Linux or a Win2k Server. (2 pluggable disks) I did not
try to run Tomcat behind its IIS yet (with SSL enabled) but IMHO that should
also work. When Apache2.X becomes stable, and has an SSL patch, then I will try
to convert my current development environment to the new Apache2.X SSL on
Win2k. I do my development work on Win2K because here I have an excellent Java
Editor, I do my testing on Linux with SSL because I trust its Apache Server's
SSL support. I did not want to spend any time on IIS hacking of Certificates,
on Apache I use a self generated certificate.
Regards - George

Re: https

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.