Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Sandrine Beauche <sa...@club-internet.fr> on 2008/12/09 17:22:43 UTC

assign with complex types

I've tried to do an assign from a complex type to another variable, and this
 works when the complex type has one subtype.

But my problem is to do this with a complex type that have several subtype. I
 have in my wsdl this complex type:

<xsd:complexType name="helloType">
    <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="hello1" type="xsd:string"/>
	<xsd:element name="hello2" type="xsd:string"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

and the message:

<wsdl:message name="HelloMessage">
    <wsdl:part name="TestPart" type="nsxsd:helloType"/>
</wsdl:message>

In my BPEL, I have these variable

<variable name="myVar" messageType="test:HelloMessage"/>
<variable name="tmpVar1" type="xsd:string"/>
<variable name="tmpVar2" type="xsd:string"/>

and I want to do these assign:

<copy>
    <from>$myVar.TestPart/nsxsd:hello1</from>
    <to variable="tmpVar1"/>
</copy>
<copy>
    <from>$myVar.TestPart/nsxsd:hello2</from>
    <to variable="tmpVar2"/>
</copy>

But this does'nt work. I obtain a message fault:

<soapenv:Body>
    <soapenv:Fault>
        <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
        <faultstring xmlns:axis2ns1="http://docs.oasis
 open.org/wsbpel/2.0/proces /executable"> axis2ns1:selectionFailure
        </faultstring>
        <detail />
    </soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>

What's wrong in my bpel or wsdl? The complete bpel and wsdl are attached. I
 have also attached a soap message that i send to the process to test it.

--
Thanks.

Re: assign with complex types

Posted by Sandrine Beauche <sa...@club-internet.fr>.
please! could you help me???

Sandrine.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20919709/HelloWorld2.zip HelloWorld2.zip

Posted by Sandrine Beauche <sa...@club-internet.fr>.
I've found the solution...

The problem was that I didn't initialize my destination variable before the
assign. I tried a tutorial about the design of BPEL process with the eclipse
plug-in, that make a HelloWorld process. It's work, but if i delete the
initialization assign, I find the same error.

Maybe adding a notice to say that initialization is required would be a good
idea because this error message is not easily understandable... I found the
solution with lucky :)

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Sandrine.