Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> on 2024/03/26 01:27:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] cherry-pick #21816 resolving the metrics missing issue for time-based backlog

Hi all,

I want to start a discussion to cherry-pick #21816[0] to release branches.
This PR added the metrics for the time-based backlog, which is introduced
in
2.8.0 [1]. However, there has always been a lack of relevant indicators to
assist users in daily monitoring work. It becomes a blocker for users to use
the time-based backlog on production, and it is hard to add alerts and
dashboards.

Since #21816 is not a BUG fix, it hasn't been cherry-picked to release
branches. But now, I believe having it in the release branches is worth it.

The target branches:

- branch-3.2
- branch-3.0
- branch-2.11
- branch-2.10

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/21816
[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/10093

I will keep the discussion open for at least 48 hours.
If there is no objections, I will perform the cherry-picking.

Regards,
Penghui

Re: [DISCUSS] cherry-pick #21816 resolving the metrics missing issue for time-based backlog

Posted by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
> I believe having it in the release branches is worth it.

Agree with you.

Thanks
Yubiao Feng