Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/18 02:35:53 UTC

service for publication?

What service needs to be running on a host for lenya to be able to
publish a document?

I copied a working lenya install from one machine to another, but on the
new machine I can submit but not publish.

Thanks!

Re: service for publication?

Posted by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:51:33 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Dan Stromberg schrieb:
>> What service needs to be running on a host for lenya to be able to
>> publish a document?
>
> AFAIK no external service is necessary.
>
>> I copied a working lenya install from one machine to another, but on
>> the new machine I can submit but not publish.
>
> What do you mean by "can not publish"? Is the menu item disabled, or
> does it throw an exception?

The problem has since disappeared, but ISTR it was a connection refused
error.

Re: service for publication?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Dan Stromberg schrieb:
> What service needs to be running on a host for lenya to be able to
> publish a document?

AFAIK no external service is necessary.

> I copied a working lenya install from one machine to another, but on the
> new machine I can submit but not publish.

What do you mean by "can not publish"? Is the menu item disabled, or
does it throw an exception?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: service for publication?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Dan Stromberg wrote:
> What service needs to be running on a host for lenya to be able to
> publish a document?
>
> I copied a working lenya install from one machine to another, but on the
> new machine I can submit but not publish.
>
> Thanks!

Check file permissions?