Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jenny Yang <je...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/14 19:55:09 UTC

email from tomcat

Can anyone tell me how to use email from tomcat?

I was given that task to do before my summer
internship starts.  I did numerous google searches,
and checked out Tomcat books at the bookstore.  I
haven't found anything helpful besides this list.

Thanks.

Jenny Yang

"Dream your dreams with open eyes and make them come true."  ~t.e. lawrence

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."  ~japanese proverb

Re: email from tomcat

Posted by Patrick Thomas <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jenny,

First off, congrats on the internship! Hope you enjoy it. Now, more to
the point: you're looking for the JavaMail package.

Read about how to use it in Tomcat here (you'll have to become
familiar with JNDI, but that's a Good Thing ):
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

API & download here:
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/reference/api/index.html

The code in the JNDI resources how-to is about as simple as it comes,
and it'll work pretty much straight out of the box.

Feel free to toss any questions back up to the list.

Cheers,
Patrick

To support javamail, you need the

[OT] Re: email from tomcat

Posted by "Anthony E. Carlos" <an...@digitalphenom.com>.
Jenny:

Try this: http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/
Click on Technical Articles & Tips

This is off topic and not a specific Tomcat question. However, it is a
good place to start.

-Anthony

Re: email from tomcat

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Jef Sullivan wrote:

>Something that I found concerning this same issue is SendMail.
>Google for "SendMail" and you might find what you are looking for.

Interesting, but I suspect the original poster would need to sink teeth
into JavaMail API, anyway.

Nix.

RE: email from tomcat

Posted by Jef Sullivan <je...@ikano.com>.
Something that I found concerning this same issue is SendMail.
Google for "SendMail" and you might find what you are looking for.

Jef Sullivan

Re: email from tomcat

Posted by Paul Singleton <pa...@jbgb.com>.

Re: email from tomcat

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Look at the JavaMail api.

Its quite easy to incorporate that into a webapp
running under TomCat.