Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 17:39:39 UTC

gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Hi Raymond,

As you suggested I 'm going through the source code of the WSDL2Java
tool of CXF project.
I will let you know the list , about the possible help we can get from
that implementation.

could you please elaborate on your suggestion,

>Provide post-processing of the result of "wsimport"

I don't have an idea of the above statement.
your feed back is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Pradeep Fernando

Re: gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Pradeep.

Any update on this work? Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Re: gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
hi,

If I were you, I would probably develop a WSDL and run the tool using
> different databindings to see what it produces. Then I will add the tool
> into debugger to understand the stack as well as the plugin points for
> XSD2Java.

yes, I have already checked out the CXF trunk and running the tool from
IDE.still did not debug the program flow, but i will.

Thanks for the explanation of "post-processing". i will look in to that.

thanks,
Pradeep Fernando.

Re: gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Comments in line.

> As you suggested I 'm going through the source code of the WSDL2Java
> tool of CXF project.
> I will let you know the list , about the possible help we can get from
> that implementation.
>
> could you please elaborate on your suggestion,

If I were you, I would probably develop a WSDL and run the tool using
different databindings to see what it produces. Then I will add the tool
into debugger to understand the stack as well as the plugin points for
XSD2Java.

>>Provide post-processing of the result of "wsimport"

The wsimport tool shipped with JAX-WS produces a java interface with JAXB
classes for the types and elements. There is no way to replace the
databinding. The post-processing is to look at the generated JAX-WS
interface. For each method, replacing the parameters, return value and
exceptions with the corresponding types from the databinding.

Re: gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

> Let me know if you need any help.....  I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Thanks a lot daniel. indeed I'm gonna need your help.

> CXF has a GSoC proposal to add an entire SDO databinding to
> CXF.

yes i am aware of that project & saw one of your postings regarding
that. Right now I'm studying the Axis2 & CXF code generators.

Thanks for your valuable pointers, ill look into the  XMLBeans databinding.
Once again thanks a lot & hope to see you here or  in the CXF mailing lists.

regards,
Pradeep Fernando.

Re: gsoc[2009] WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tue April 14 2009 11:39:39 am Pradeep Fernando wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
> As you suggested I 'm going through the source code of the WSDL2Java
> tool of CXF project.
> I will let you know the list , about the possible help we can get from
> that implementation.

Let me know if you need any help.....  I'd be glad to answer any questions.

As a hint, it's probably best to look at the xmlbeans data binding (-
databinding xmlbean)  as a starting point.   The xmlbeans databinding is MUCH
simpler as it doesn't need to support the complex jaxb customization/binding
files and the jaxb customizations bound into the jaxws binding file and such.

That said, some enhancements will probably be needed to the wsdl2java stuff if
you do go down the route of using the CXF generator.   Patches and such are
always welcome.   :-)

One more note:  CXF has a GSoC proposal to add an entire SDO databinding to
CXF.   The wsdl2java part is a part of that.  Thus, if both projects are
accepted,  this could be something that the two of you could work together on
to get the SDO part your proposal done and the wsdl2java part of his done.

For the most part, there are 6 methods on the DataBindingProfile:

    void initialize(ToolContext c) throws ToolException;
    void generate(ToolContext context) throws ToolException;
    String getType(QName qn, boolean element);

Those three would be completely required.

This is only required if you need to support unwrapping:
    String getWrappedElementType(QName wrapperElement, QName item);
Just return null if you don't.

These are only needed if you want to generate sample client/server code with
some default values in it.
    DefaultValueWriter createDefaultValueWriter(QName qn, boolean element);
    DefaultValueWriter createDefaultValueWriterForWrappedElement(QName
wrapperElement, QName qn);
Generally, just return null.

Dan

--