Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrea Riela <ml...@nesys.it> on 2003/12/02 01:50:24 UTC

[users@httpd] R: [users@httpd] Problem with redirect

> Are you successfully using the router with your web server now..?

Ya,
For the main server all works fine. I've 5-6 vh fisically on main server.
Now I would add, for example, one site in another server. I've to create a
vh in the main server, I think, and then redirect all http traffic for the
new server to his private IP.

It's correct?
Thanks
Andrea

[users@httpd] R: [users@httpd] R: [users@httpd] Problem with redirect

Posted by Andrea Riela <ml...@nesys.it>.
> Are you using a PC-based router, or an appliance (like
> Netgear or Linksys)..?

Telindus adsl router.

> Do the web servers respond to internal requests.. can you
> ping the other servers by domain name, and does the domain
> name resolve to an IP address..?

The ping works propertly, but at the moment the site on the "second server"
isn't subscribed on the our external DNS. I think the second server could
respond via IP only; it's a mistake?

Thanks Thomas for your support
Regards
Andrea