Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Victor Hadianto <vi...@hadianto.net> on 2003/10/30 00:59:27 UTC

Term out of order.

Hi all,

I'm using Lucene.Net but seems appropriate to post here as well. I have been
getting this exception "Term out of order" every now and then while doing a
bulk indexing.

I have been searching on the mailing list for this specific issue, but none
to avail. Does this occur on the Java version of Lucene?

thanks

/victor

Re: Term out of order.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I was answering the "is this the problem in the Java version of Lucene
or just .Net implementation" part of the question.

Otis (sometimes answers emails very very late at night) Gospodnetic

Re: Term out of order.

Re: term counts during indexing

Posted by Gerret Apelt <ga...@cs.waikato.ac.nz>.
Clarification: in the text quoted below I meant to say "..... choice but
to go back to the _original data source_".

cheers,
Gerret

Posted by Peter Keegan <pe...@charter.net>.
Gerret,

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest changing the index format to save the
counts. But your suggestion of adding a 'term counting' analyzer at the end
of the filter chain makes more sense to me (and now seems so obvious).

Thanks,
Peter

Posted by Gerret Apelt <ga...@cs.waikato.ac.nz>.
Peter --

Posted by Peter Keegan <pe...@charter.net>.

Posted by Gerret Apelt <ga...@cs.waikato.ac.nz>.

Re: Term out of order.

Posted by Victor Hadianto <vi...@hadianto.net>.
> Apparently so :(
> http://www.google.com/search?q=lucene+%22term+out+of+order%22

Eeek .. so does anyone know what happen here?

/victor

Re: Term out of order.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Apparently so :(

Re: Term out of order.

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
On Oct 30, 2003, at 13:36, Pasha Bizhan wrote:

> I think that it's problem of java version of Lucene.
> Because all core algorithms of Lucene and Lucene.Net are identical.

Talking of which... it appears... that... something... is... wrong...
somewhere...

This definitely needs some additional investigation on my side as I'm
quiet at loss about this sudden exception and I cannot reproduce it
myself... sigh...

Trace: java.io.IOException: term out of order
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosWriter.add(TermInfosWriter.java:103)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfo(SegmentMerger.java:
249)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfos(SegmentMerger.java:
225)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTerms(SegmentMerger.java:
188)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:98)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:425)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:301)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexWriter.java:316)

RE: Term out of order.

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <fc...@ok.ru>.
Hi,

> From: Victor Hadianto [mailto:vichad@hadianto.net]
>
> I have been searching on the mailing list for this specific
> issue, but none
> to avail. Does this occur on the Java version of Lucene?

I think that it's problem of java version of Lucene.
Because all core algorithms of Lucene and Lucene.Net are identical.

Pasha
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lucenedotnet