Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Abhishek.Jha09" <ab...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 11:06:53 UTC

How to get exception which caused the hystrix fallback?

Hi,

I'm testing hystrix along with camel routes (in JAVA DSL). So these routes
are essentially of the form:

[from(direct:a)
     .hystrix()
         .to("http4:localhost:8080/mock/success")
     .onFallBack()
          .process(ex -> ex.getOut().setBody("Hystrix fallback message"))
     .end()]

In this route, when fallback is triggered, I want to log the root cause
which triggered the fallback. Is there a way to do this?

Re: How to get exception which caused the hystrix fallback?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah its stored as a property on the exchange
http://camel.apache.org/why-is-the-exception-null-when-i-use-onexception.html

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Abhishek.Jha09 <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing hystrix along with camel routes (in JAVA DSL). So these routes
> are essentially of the form:
>
> [from(direct:a)
>      .hystrix()
>          .to("http4:localhost:8080/mock/success")
>      .onFallBack()
>           .process(ex -> ex.getOut().setBody("Hystrix fallback message"))
>      .end()]
>
> In this route, when fallback is triggered, I want to log the root cause
> which triggered the fallback. Is there a way to do this?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus