Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Anil <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/13 06:18:20 UTC

Cache stopped

Hi,

I am using vertx-ignite to establish ignite cluster and see cache is
stopped in logs.

May I know the cases where cache is stopped ? i can share the logs if
required.

Thanks.

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Anil,

Take a look at lifecycle beans:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/ignite-life-cycle

-Val

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandr,

ignite stop is not actual node failure in this case. isn't it ? how node
singleton helps in this case ? Am i missing anything?

is there any way to intercept cache start and stop ?

Thanks.

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Alexandr Kuramshin <ei...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Right, you get stopping the node by the cause of segmentation.

Call chain:

org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager.DiscoveryWorker#onSegmentation
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager#stopNode
org.apache.ignite.Ignition#stop(java.lang.String, boolean)

You could change IgniteConfiguration.setSegmentationPolicy()
to SegmentationPolicy.NOOP, so the node will not be stopped upon
segmentation (the default value is STOP).

But the better way is to deploy the kafka streamer as a node singleton [1],
and implement it as a service, which could be automatically stopped right
before node do.

[1] http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/cluster-singletons

> Hi Anton and Alexandr,
>
> I thought vertx is invoking IgniteClusterManager#leave because of network
> segmentation. so I created wrapper to IgniteClusterManager and added logs
> before invoking leave(). I did not see any log of wrapper. So ignite is not
> closed from the IgniteClusterManager#leave
>
> Looks like ignite is stopped from some where else because of network
> segmentation? can you help me in understanding this. is there any to
> intercept behavior ?
>
> In my scenario,  i am starting kafka streamer when ignite is up and need
> to stop the kafka streamer before closing the ignite due to any problem.
> otherwise, it would lead to data problem. and i am using vertx-ignite.
>
> please share if there are other cluster manager better than vertx ?
>
> Thanks for you help.
>

> - Anil

Alexandr Kuramshin

Re: Cache stopped

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
i see network segmentation in logs. ignore my previous question. thanks.

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Alexandr Kuramshin <ei...@gmail.com>.
It's seems that you are trying to getOrCreateCache after the grid was
stopped.

Message recieved by KafkaCacheDataStreamer's running in a parrallel thread
(pool-6-thread-1). You should first stop all streaming threads and then
stop the grid.

> HI,
>
> I have attached the logs. thanks
>
> Thanks.
>
> On 13 December 2016 at 18:59, dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Cache could be stopped when was called IgniteCache.close(),
>> IgniteCache.destroy() or node is stopping.
>> Please, attach logs to find out your reason.
>>

>> --

Alexandr Kuramshin

Re: Cache stopped

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.