Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/09/06 18:25:42 UTC

Re: How can I tell Struts 2 to throw/log exceptions for invalid OGNL Expressions

Moving to dev@ ....

It occurred to me that if we make this kind of change, we might want
to take the behavior of the text tag/message resources into
consideration too. Right now, if a message resource is not found, the
tag displays the name of the tag, e.g.

<s:text name="doesntexist" />

renders

doesntexist

Other tags might do the same thing (print the property name) if the
property doesn't exist. Or, alternatively, when in devmode we could
log when a message resource is not found. (Right now, that doesn't
happen.) I'm just thinking there should be consistency between the
literal-text and message-resource behaviors.

-Ted.