Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Filkorn Roman <Ro...@swh.sk> on 2001/06/07 19:16:25 UTC

another minor bug fix

Hi,

I have found a bug and here is how to 'patch' :]  (Xerces 1.4 release,
maybe it is already Ok in CVS, but I have no access (sitting behind
firewall :] ))

in
org.apache.xerces.validators.datatype.DecimalDatatypeValidator, method
checkContent:

there is fractionDigit validation test and the error message should be:

if ( (fFacetsDefined & DatatypeValidator.FACET_FRACTIONDIGITS)!=0 ) {
      if ( d.scale() > fFractionDigits )
      {
        throw new InvalidDatatypeValueException(

getErrorString(DatatypeMessageProvider.FRACTION_EXCEEDED,
                                   DatatypeMessageProvider.MSG_NONE,
                                   new Object[] { "'" + content + "'" +
" with fractionDigits = '"+ d.scale() +"'"
                                     , "'" + fFractionDigits + "'"}));
      }
    }

Question: how about to print the element name and attribute name with
this message (with all similar errors) ? Or is there any possibilty to
get this type of information (for user-convenience, help him to find
his/her bug) ?

Thank you,

Roman Filkorn